lamb naan breads for the perfect lunchtime meal
For the naans:
Saffron Tree TOGETHER naan blend
1 tbsp yogurt
1 tbsp whole milk
1 tbsp oil
For the lamb topping:
250g mince lamb
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
Make the Saffron TOGETHER Naan Blend according to the instructions, but don't cook it yet!
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients for the lamb topping. Don't be shy or gentle, get stuck in and mix the ingredients well.
2. In a medium/hot dry pan, cook each naan on one side only for one minute.
3. Remove from the pan and place onto a chopping board with the cooked side down.
4. Push a quarter of the lamb mince into the raw dough side of each naan and spread evenly.
5. Place the naans onto a baking tray under a medium/hot pre-heated grill, mince side up, and grill for 6 - 8 minutes.
Serve with mint yogurt, roasted red peppers and pickled chilli peppers. These lamb naans are also great topped with a fried or poached egg.